We do receive a lot of requests for and questions about layaways. I am more than happy to work out a payment plan on larger items, knowing that the money we use for our collectibles falls under the category of "mad money". It should not come from "house money". We have always subscribed to the philosophy that "Sears and Roebuck was not built on cash and carry" and fully understand that we all have a limited budget with which to work. With that in mind, here are the guidelines for the LAYAWAY program at The Ruptured Duck.
1) In order for an item to fall into the category of a layaway, the purchase price must be at least $300.00.
2) The length of the layaway depends on the price of the item(s). This will serve as a basic guideline for the duration of a layaway:
a) if the price of the item(s) is $300.00 to $500.00, the layaway time is up to 60 days;
b) from $500.00 to $1,000.00, the layaway time is up to 90 days;
c) from $1,000.00 to $2,500.00, the layaway time is up to 180 days;
d) from $2,500.00 to $4,000.00, the layaway time is up to 270 days;
e) item(s) for more than $4,000.00, the layaway time is up to a year.
3) No interest will be charged on layaways.
4) If the purchase includes multiple items, individual items will not be sent until the entire layaway has been paid for.
5) The down payment for a layaway will represent 25% of the purchase price. This down payment is non-refundable if the buyer does not live up to his or her end of the agreement.
6) The remainder of the balance of the layaway will be divided into monthly installments. We will do the math for you and we can facilitate these payments if you are using a credit card. We will make up all the credit cards beforehand and process them on or after the day of the month agreed upon. In this case you will not receive a receipt. You will know that the card has been processed when you receive your statement from the credit card company.
7) Return policy....Your satisfaction is very important to me and originality is always guaranteed for lifetime. However, if you elect to return an item that you have placed on layaway, I shall retain the down payment as a processing and administrative payment, because I will need to market the item over again.
8) All layaways are subject to approval.